The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday April 21, 2018 at 12:27
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 20, 2018 at 22:12, FreddyFreeloader said...
I don’t get all this. All I have to do is use the Apple TV 3 codeset then then use Universal Browser to drag and drop the ATV 4 Pause and Play commands onto the pause and play buttons.

I'll bet that's true. I found that some of the codes in Apple 3 and some in Apple 2 worked, but I wasn't about to go through making a hybrid of the two just to see if they would work. One difficulty in doing that is that SKIP in one of those code sets works, but there's no working PAUSE or PLAY in that code set, so you have to put it in SKIP and then switch to the other code set just to stop it so you can test another button. Plus, I could see exactly how to make a unified file, but you have to do the entire thing in order to find out if it's worthwhile.

So, yeah, "all I have to do is" what you said. But when you start looking for what to do, it's not at all obvious or simple. I'll bet that the first time you tried to control an Apple TV 4K using a URC remote, you weren't able to just sit there and say "well, all I have to do is...."

AND the buttons are not placed in reasonable positions on the display, so they also have to be moved. So thanks for the advice, NOW I know it's simple to do. For anyone else in the position of working this out, now the Apple TV method is explained here at remotecentral, too.

You're welcome.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse