Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday June 11, 2023 at 21:41
higuys
June 2023
Hi everyone. I have a Sunfire Ultimate Receiver with original remote (rebranded URC MX500 I believe) and the "Menu" and "#3" button stopped working. I've tried opening up the remote, looking around for anything that looks off, cleaning all the rubber button contacts and circuit board contact gently with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol, and it still does not work. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it so I bought a used MX-500 on eBay. Someone was helping me "clone" my Sunfire remote to the new MX-500 and it appeared to successfully clone, both remotes flash "Good" after cloning, but the MX-500 will not work or control the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver after cloning. I tried using "Learn" to program the MX500 to turn the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver on and off and that worked. So I know I can manually and successfully program individual buttons on the MX-500 but obviously not the "menu" or "#3" button which is what I need to access the Sunfire OSD (On Screen Display). Is there any other way to program these remotes? What else could I be missing? Can someone help me reprogram or troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse