Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday June 13, 2023 at 02:56
higuys
June 2023
On June 12, 2023 at 22:27, hdtvluvr said...
Not sure what might have happened with your rubber pad swap but normally programming isn't "lost" on individual buttons.

So, you did try the codes that Brad commented about (Try Sunfire codes = 246, 344, 345) on the new remote?

Do you have another device on the old 500 that uses the menu button so that you can check to see if the button is actually working?

Hi there, so I have 2 remotes. An OEM Sunfire remote which is a rebranded MX-500, and a fully functioning MX-500 that I just bought off of Ebay to reprogram or use for parts.

The Sunfire remote "menu" and "#3" buttons do not work. When I press them and look at the IR with a camera there is no purple light. There is also no "wifi" looking logo on the remote LCD screen. I do not believe that programming was "lost" on these buttons, I don't know why they do not work anymore. I purchased the fully functioning Ebay MX-500 with the hopes of cloning the Sunfire remote. When I clone it, and they both say "good", the new cloned MX-500 does not work with my receiver at all. But, I can "learn" the keys (except "menu" and "#3" from the Sunfire remote and that works immediately.

I mentioned above that I tried Sunfire codes = 246, 344, 345, as well as Carver codes = 006, 022, 028, 029, 061, 071, 077, 180, 185, 201, 214, 226, 284 and 001. None of them worked.

I have swapped the fully functioning MX-500 remote button pad over to the the Sunfire remote and that also does not work. I'm not really sure what else the problem could be.

Hosting Services by ipHouse