Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday June 13, 2023 at 16:48
higuys
June 2023
On June 13, 2023 at 11:43, hdtvluvr said...
"Do you have another device on the old 500 that uses the menu button so that you can check to see if the button is actually working?"|

Sorry I missed this when I read your initial response! Yes I have a tv that the MX500 controls. I just tried and the #3 and menu buttons also do not work on the tv.

If the receiver came with a rebranded mx-500 then it must be around 2010 or earlier. I use MX-850's (PC programmable) and looked at the software. There are commands for Sunfire Theater Grand I through IV, TGR-401 along with 8 other groupings of Sunfire codes. I checked a few and they do have codes for the Menu button. Now whether or not the codes changed between models of their receiver, I don't know.|

This receiver is old, like 2003 old! It's possible the Theater Grand III commands work with this receiver (the firmware updates from Sunfire are the same file for both the Ultimate Receiver and Theater Grand III). I purchased another used MX500 coded and tested to work with this receiver and it should be arriving in a day or so. I can test that unit out and clone it to the other MX500 (I have a collection of these now). I'll checkout the 850. URC was telling me to buy an MX-490 but they also want me to go to a licensed dealer to have it programmed which sounds like a hassle and unnecessary spending. I like the idea of having software on my pc and coding it myself!

Feel free to PM me if needed.

Hopefully this new coded remote will just work when it arrives but will pm if anything comes up. Appreciate your time and response!

Hosting Services by ipHouse