Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday June 13, 2023 at 21:57
higuys
June 2023
On June 13, 2023 at 19:01, hdtvluvr said...
NOTE:  When you tried the code #'s that Brad posted, did you try buttons other than Menu and the #3 with each code?  

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but first I hit "main" and "ent" to access the setup menu. then "P-Pro", then "TGIII" which is the selection that my Sunfire is controlled under on the Sunfire remote, then "TGIII" again where it takes me to the code enter menu, then I tried all the codes, 001, the ones in the back of the MX-500 manual, the additional Carver codes, and I just hit up and tried each one a bunch of times just to see if they would work. I'm not sure if there's a way for me to test individual button codes on the MX500. Should I try a factory reset on the MX500? I'm not sure how to do it but but maybe that might help?

So your MX-500 is 20 years old too! They were built like tanks. I've been using my 850 daily for over 15 years and it is rock solid too.

That's crazy! I don't use and abuse my remotes, just on/off, volume up/down, and once every few years I'll access the OSD for my receiver to change some settings.

If this happened to me and if the 500 with programming that you just ordered works, I would still get an MX850 and if necessary learn the Sunfire commands to it if they aren't already in the database. Then save that onto your PC. The software is a lot easier to program than doing it on the 500.

I'm going to buy an 850! I notice they're branded as Aeros/Orion, is this the one you're talking about? They look almost identical to URC housing. Once I buy an 850 which software do I need to download to code it?

Hosting Services by ipHouse