The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 28, 2002 at 00:10
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
VTS, I'm a licensed electrician, and do installation work of all kinds, from phone and cable wiring all the way to whole-house audio and video.

New installs and retro-fits require some overlapped tools, but there are many use-specific tools and devices, too.

The Labor Saving Devices line of tools (http://www.lsdinc.com/) has some nice helpful equipment. In particular, the wall periscope, the wet noodle, and the long drill bits have proven themselves.

Of course, there are also the usual staples: coax, phone, and CAT-5 strippers and crimpers, hole saws, drywall saws, drills, soldering iron or gun, etc.

Besides these, you just have to buy tools as you need them, and without exception, they are used again and again. I will say that you generally get what you pay for, and quality is a bargain in the long run.

I especially love my DeWalt 24-volt cordless drill and reciprocating saw. I can do a lot of stud and joist drilling on a single charge, but have two batteries for each. Recharge immediately after swapping batteries!

Want to be more valuable to your company? Become a licensed electrician. That will educate you and enable you to do a lot of work that would otherwise require calling in outside subs.

Larry
www.fineelectricco.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse