The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 5, 2006 at 10:55
Do Houde
Long Time Member
January 2003
I have a TSU 3000 running 3.9.8 firmware and an RFX 6000 in my system. The RFX 6000 is 12 feet away from my audio rack and about 4 feet away from where I sit. The three main issues I am having are:

1. I seem to have no range, they claim 100 feet. I am lucky if I get 30 and forget going outside and using it for my patio speakers. It may work or I may decide not to. Where I use it on my patio I am actually 20 feet away from the RFX 6000 with only 2 walls in its way, one is even a window. I even cleaned the fire place mantle of all its pictures so no metal was near this thing.

2. When I sit in my chair, in my theater and I am 4 feet away from the RFX 6000 I get dead spots. For example it won't work when the TSU 3000 sits on the arm of my chair (witch is just wood an fabric) and did I mention I AM 4 FEET AWAY. If I move it to the left or right of the chair arm it works. Keep in mind I have many (at least 10) dead spots in this 12 by 16 room, this is just the most annoying one. And just as a reminder Philips claims it gets 100 feet with line of sight and in my case this is 4 feet line of sight.

3. Recently I bought a Sirius Sportster Replay. I had a Sirius Starmate that I controlled just fine through the RFX 6000 but I installed it permanently in my wife�s car so I could get the replay option. But, this Sportster replay just will not work through the RFX 6000. If I control it just with the TSU 3000 it works perfect, not 1 error. But throw the Demon 6000, I mean the RFX 6000 into the mix and all hell breaks loose.

Any Ideas?

Hosting Services by ipHouse