The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday March 7, 2006 at 22:30
Do Houde
Long Time Member
January 2003
I Mounted mine on the celing as well, they actually recomend it. But for me the range got worse on my patio witch was the main reason I use the RFX 6000.

I also tried every setting 0,1,2,3 and tried the the ID thing on a couple settings. It did get better (if you can imagine it being worse) on 1,2 or 3. The thing that gets me is that Phillips says the red light should not be on unless you are sending codes to it. Mine is on all the time and no matter what RF thing I unplug it won't go out. It dose flash when the remote sends info to it.

Lyndel, Thanks I will look for that. I run an electronics repair team for palms and pocket pcs. So I am not one bit affraid. As a matter a fact, I dropped my pronto a while back and the back light went flaky on me. So outside of warranty I decided it would be a good time to start learning the insides. I actually have alot of the chips at work, but this was a cold solder problem. They soldered the TSU 3000 HORRIBLY. Almost no solder, so if you back light goes out (or anything for that matter) I may be able to help. Mine would cut in and out when you pressed the frame around the lower half of the screen. But, it is all fixed now and I touched up all the other chips in case of any other future issues. Seeing as how my RFX 6000 is now sitting on the floor lifeless and dam lucky it is not in a million pieces, cracking it open would not upset me at all if it never worked again.

As far as the Remote or the RFX 6000, I never thought of it that way but I guess it is possible. I am out of that stage to return though. I travel alot too and have not put much time into this till now so I guess that is my fault. I would love to try the 6500 but something about getting screwed on the 6000 makes me a bit defensive on the $200 purchase. Thanks again for all the advice!

Hosting Services by ipHouse