The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday April 18, 2024 at 08:42
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On April 17, 2024 at 15:08, Brad Humphrey said...
1) You wrote 'she' as if that should be a surprising answer. Historically women in professional positions take their job more seriously than their male counterparts do. So I personally would find it more desirable to have a female rep, higher chance of having great service.

2) I dropped ADI 15+ years ago. Their incompetence at a company level was so bad, there really was no choice. IT WAS THAT BAD! So many issues.
I have not heard or seen anything within that time, that would make me believe anything has changed that much at ADI.
There has been some times over the years I've needed something that ADI had and I couldn't get it from anywhere else. I literally said F^it and either told the customer we can't do it; or redesigned it to use another device that I didn't have to get from ADI. IT WAS THAT BAD!

How many women do you know of in this industry?

I called her yesterday, to find out if there was any info and she said the deal isn't done yet and they're not leaping to any conclusions, so it's same ol', same ol' for until they do hear something. One point that she said was raised is ADI's pricing and if I had my way, it would include comments about the lack of technical and product knowledge among most of the staff at the local branch.

She has been my rep at four different distribution companies since around 2003, so the 'she' part of the post was based on comments I have heard from others in the industry WRT women in technical areas. I think the lack of women is more due to lack of interest in AV/Home Theater, etc to the extent that they want to do it for a living.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse