Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Thursday November 11, 2004 at 00:05
bcf1963
September 2004
I chose the largest high gain antenna know for multipath rejection that would fit in my attic. I bought it with the intention that if I didn't get good signal, I'd have it mounted on my roof, on a mast.

Yes... I signed the Home Owners Association restrictions when I bought the home, less than 6 months ago. Yes... they included an illegal restriction on exterior TV antennas. I looked into this, and if you fit the legal requirements, (basically you own the location where the antenna is mounted, or the location is your personal space... like a balcony) it is up to the HOA or other authority to get a waiver from the government before they can force you to take the antenna down. (Unless they have evidence of a safety danger. Example: Mast close to power line.) Even if you must take the antenna down, you cannot be fined or charged for putting the antenna up. The law clearly states all the above points.

After attic mounting, I was amazed! I'm getting solid 80's to 85's for signal strength well north of Dallas, for every Dallas station broadcasting. I have no reason to move the antenna, it's giving me great reception. If the antenna is damaged by weather conditions, I've got bigger problems than reception, as my whole roof must have blown off.

I have had my HD antenna in my attic for about 3 months now. I'm getting solid signals at all times, including really heavy rain. (My DirecTV cuts out, but the antenna keeps going.)

Hosting Services by ipHouse