The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Tuesday December 28, 2004 at 21:52
Sxrxrnr
Long Time Member
December 2003
I just installed a HI Def Tivo for my Directv system. Works quite well, but I am now back to requiring my attic antenna for Hi Def as Comcast Cable(which I also have for network Hi Def programming) will not feed my Tivo. Directv is now offering ABC, CBS and NBC(though I have not yet received approval for this network channel). Supposedly they will be offering Fox and PBS one day. When this occurs I will be able to cut the cord with both my antenna and Comcast. What is too bad for me is that ABC and CBS which Directv offers, are my best OTA channels. NBC is good when I use rotator. PBS and Fox are my least reliable OTA. Comcast does not offer Fox in my area for HD. All confusing I know. But I do love Hi Def Tivo. For quite sometime I have had a Sony HD 100 Hi Def receiver, but found that most of my TV watching was in SD as convenience of Tivo outweighed superior picture of HD. Will be soon upgrading hard drives to support additional video storage. Currently only offers 30 hours of HD, but about 200 hours of SD. I have upgraded my other Tivo's with larger drives so they get close to 200 hours of SD and this has worked well for several years. Mx 500(had a few technical issue/problems with MX 500 that I had to work thru--still have one "dead" device port/button) is running 3 Tivo's, Parasound C1, DVD, Mitz DLP, Rotator, and VCR perfectly. Even my wife can run it after some schooling. Found a method to use Mx 500 to go directly to required Mitz input, so able to set up macros to do so.

Roger
Silicon Valley, Ca

Hosting Services by ipHouse